Monday, April 4, 2011

Even a absolutely disgusting movie, can make me say hmmm.....

I saw the movie Limitless last night. Before I even get into why the move made me go hmmm...., i want to give you my thoughts on the movie. Because:

1) I secretly want to be a movie reviewer. 2) Well... it's fun.

Limitless is like a 3D roller coaster ride, without really scratched up glasses and screaming your head off. But instead it has a guy who goes from a bum, to a very attractive male, to a stuck up senator. The movie to me was not to bad... well that was up till the last 30 minutes of the movie. When suddenly I felt like I was back on the roller coaster because I was scarred I would become sick on the seat in front of me. I haven't seen a movie so upfront gory in a very long. Needless to say... me & gory are not best friends these days.

But before my popcorn almost made a second appearance, the movie had some interesting thoughts to it. The whole thought is about a guy who through different circumstances is able to access all of his brain. Instead of the usual 15%, at least I think that's what people say. So it made this once lazy, basically brain dead guy become incredibly smart. Accessing things in his brain he had no idea he knew.

Well.... this got me thinking.

I am also known as a lazy person. I can talk myself out of doing anything. ANYTHING. Good or bad, if I don't want to do it, somehow I get myself out of it.

After watching this, I realized this is one part of my personality that I am ready to change. It is one thing being care free & relaxed, but it's another thing when I trap myself onto my couch because I never want to do anything ever again.

Ok, maybe that was a tad dramatic, but I seriously feel like if I lived alone I would no longer have a life. Because I would end up being one of those people that never leaves there house. Now, that's sad.

So I am going to try something. I want to really push myself, and stop being the lazy butt I can be. I want to stop putting stuff off just because I don't feel like it.

Today I got everything done on my list, things that I needed to do all last week that never got done. So that's a improvement.

I guess.... but hey I am trying right?

So have you ever thought about improving yourself & were you able to stick with it?      

1 comment:

  1. hahahah, "before my popcorn made a second reappearance."

    Awesome.

    I also secretly want to be a movie reviewer! Or a book reviewer. Either one really. Anyway, I can be so lazy sometimes. It's ridiculous. This morning though, before work, in about 30 minutes, I cleaned my room and the dishes! I was very proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete